Technical Sales Specialist
Service and maintain current accounts that are assigned by their direct report.
Role and Responsibilities
- Technical lead for analyzing customers manufacturing process, fluid testing, corrosion solutions and provide corrosion training.
- Supports direct reports “maintenance” accounts. Accounts that need more attention on a daily/weekly basis.
- Forecasts, solicits and secures orders from existing assigned accounts.
- Provides customer service as required, and prepares periodic reports as required.
- Supports direct report in searches for new business opportunities.
- Secures orders from existing accounts by means of visiting the customer facility or contacting by phone.
- Establishes professional customer/vendor relationships with appropriate customer personnel (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, management, and other key personnel.)
- Performs any directly related appropriate duties assigned by their direct report.
- Performs assigned duties with minimum personal supervision from their direct report
- Provides a territory sales forecast on a monthly basis
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- 4-year Scientific or Technical Degree (Chemistry Degree preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal and persuasive communication skills
- Willingness to travel (25%)
- Self-motivated/ self-starter
- Sense of urgency
- Personable, extroverted personality
- Strong organizational skills
Physical Requirements of Job:
Tasks are essentially sedentary, with occasional walking, bending, light lifting, or other restricted physical activities. However, some tasks may require some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light to medium lifting of computer equipment (computers, peripheral devices approximately 5-30 lbs.); or minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of shop or office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at keyboard.